About the Journal
European Journal of Development Studies (EJ-DEVELOP) is a peer-reviewed international journal published by European Open Science bimonthly. The journal publishes full-length state-of-the-art research papers, reviews, and case studies in all areas related to all areas to related Development Studies.
All submitted articles:
- - must be original
- - must be previously unpublished research results
- - must be experimental or theoretical
- - and will be peer-reviewed
- - may not be considered for publication elsewhere at any time during the review period
European Journal of Development Studies (EJ-DEVELOP) follows a publication model that allows us to minimize publishing costs. This model aims to delegate manuscript copyediting/layout-adaptation efforts to authors so that they do not have to pay for these services.
The journal charges the following author fees:
- - Article Publication Fee: 45.00 EUR (compulsory)
- - Template Support Fee: 50 EUR (optional)
If a manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee (APF) to cover publication costs.
NOTE : All accepted manuscripts are obligated to adapt the layout of the paper according to the journal's template. If you are unable to adapt your submission manuscript to our template, EJ-DEVELOP's support crew may provide this service for the authors by charging a Template Support Fee of 50 Euro.
DISCOUNT SCHEMA :
- - Authors are subject to a 20% discount for their recurring publication within 5 months after the date of their first publication.
- - For more information please check out the discount page.
The content of the journal is indexed in CrossRef and assigned a Digital Object Identifier (DOI). This means that all of our references are made available and citations can be tracked by the publishing community with a DOI number.
In addition, this journal is indexed in Google Scholar, ROAD, SCILIT, WorldCat, ScienceOpen.
Zero Tolerance for Plagiarism
This journal has a policy of “Zero Tolerance on Plagiarism”. We check the plagiarism issue through two methods: reviewer check and plagiarism prevention tool (iThenticate.com). All submissions will be checked by plagiarism prevention software before being sent to reviewers.
Focus and Scope
European Journal of Development Studies (EJ-DEVELOP) is a high-quality, open access, international, peer-reviewed online journal which aims to bi-monthly publish full-length original research papers, reviews, and case studies related to all areas of Development Studies such as :
- - Poverty alleviation and international aid
- - Climate change
- - Environmental degradation and sustainable development
- - Risk, vulnerability, and human security
- - Political governance and civil society
- - Gender relations and inequality
- - Human rights and development
- - Migration, urbanisation, and development
- - Children, youth, and development
- - Livelihoods and food security
- - Social protection and Social policy
- - The international debt crisis
- - Economic development, work, and industrialization
The process of reviewing is considered critical to establishing a reliable body of research and knowledge. The review process aims to make authors meet the standards of their discipline, and of science in general.
We use a double-blind system for peer-reviewing; both reviewers' and authors’ identities remain anonymous to each other. The paper will be peer-reviewed by two or three experts; one is an editorial staff and the other two are external reviewers.
The editor will pass the manuscripts that are accepted for publication to a publisher who will be responsible for organizing the editorial services and online printing of the publication.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available after publication on the EJ-DEVELOP website to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Publication Ethics and Publication Malpractice Statement
Manuscript Withdrawal and Refund Policies
Authors can withdraw their manuscripts at any stage of submission, peer-reviewing, and copyediting procedures. However, withdrawals after the acceptance are not subject to the refund of the Article Processing Fee.